S22E07: "Nobody Got Cereal?" postshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S22E07: "Nobody Got Cereal?" postshow discussion.

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Next week is a dark week, for Thanksgiving, ya know?

What do y'all think of the episode?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Re: S22E07: "Nobody Got Cereal?" postshow discussion.

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:39 am

I wish there was less doom and gloom
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:54 am

(Post deleted.)
Last edited by JVM on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:47 am

I think they just wanted to finish this plot and hopefully have a Happy Thanksgiving. It should have (In my opinion) been finished last week but they likely ran out of time the way it kind of dragged on last week, and wouldn’t have worked without making it a two parter. Lots of dramatic scenes filled time this week. Almost cinematic at times.

Should be moving on to another plot after next week. They came out of the last break with a strong episode. Hoping they can do that again.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:14 am

the scene of satan dying and going to heaven, with following kyle's remark, was really funny. i wonder how hell will be like from now on.

overall, by far the best episode of the season.

although i have to say i still don't like the idea of manbearpig because in imaginationland south park clearly showed him not to be a real creature, but i guess maybe later on his existence will be better explained.

i seem to understand this episode was focused (among other things) on global warming, although i'm not sure.

yeah, al gore was right. no shìt, scientists have been describing it for at least a couple of decades. yet, he was one of the few politicians to talk about it, i'll give him that. too bad no one takes him cereal.

even if sometimes people who are right tend to be hideous because they love shoving it in your face as soon as they can, that doesn't change the reality: earth is getting warmer by the year. but trump said it's just 2-3 degrees, so no big deal i guess...

on a side note: i'm pretty sure that if trump keeps being the president for long, some people will ACTUALLY leave the u.s. and move to canada or the u.k.

i have always thought that the u.s. is a paradise for rich people and a hell for poor people. but now, it's becoming a suffocating country to live in.

trump has kicked a journalist out of the press conference for making a simple question and nobody had the courage to oppose.

has this ever happened in the u.s. before? this is something that does NOT happen in a free, democratic country. and it was a simple, legitimate question: how do you think you will have your laws approved after losing the majority in one of the houses of the parliament?

if "the u.s." were a tv series, that's where i would say you have jumped the shark. along with the fact that nobody seems to care about shootings happening pretty much everywhere.

that is not to say the rest of the other "developed countries" are that much better. europe seems to be past the phase of the terrorist attacks for now, but who knows for how long
Last edited by mario88 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 am

Dude, this is pretty f*cked up right here.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 am

it's funny how people sometimes have opposite opinions on an episode. to me, this one was by far and most definitely the best of the season, beating all the others by a landslide.

i wrote my post before reading other users' posts, now i see that JVM feels "disappointed".

just wanted to point out how vastly different a view can be on the same topic.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Come to think of it, Satan can't be killed off like some mortal. Satan may be up in Heaven now, but his ability to visit Earth hasn't changed any just because ManBearPig killed him. He'll be back.

JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:54 am

mario88 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 am
it's funny how people sometimes have opposite opinions on an episode. to me, this one was by far and most definitely the best of the season, beating all the others by a landslide.

i wrote my post before reading other users' posts, now i see that JVM feels "disappointed".

just wanted to point out how vastly different a view can be on the same topic.
I had a discussion someone else with an eerily similar opinion - that this was the show in peak form and a big improvement on the season. It seems that this is already the best-received episode of the season!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:24 am

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 am
Dude, this is pretty f*cked up right here.
I enjoyed that little taste of nostalgia for the early days.
I also noticed in Kyle's bedroom, he still has the group photo with his fellow campers from Jewbilee.

Satan really did go down like a bitch. I don't think he got one good punch in. Which was odd considering how long the fight lasted. The typical comedy moment you might have there is to set up what the audience expects to be an epic showdown, then one of the fighters loses almost immediately. And if you're going the dramatic route, you typically have the fight be kinda back and forth for a while before someone gets the upper hand.

I'm not quite sure how Detective Yates' fight with his wife leads him to stop being a dumbass about Manbearpig. That seemed forced. The jailbreak itself was also missing, but I guess we don't really need that. They had painted themselves into a corner last week by landing the boys in jail to begin with, so they needed an easy fix.

All the Red Dead stuff was okay. I like the cop getting pleasure out of shooting deputies in the game. Somehow I expected the fight against Manbearpig to somehow mirror the action of the video game. But I guess they did that already way back in Towelie when they only cared about their Okama Gamesphere and not the real-life video game-esque adventure they found themselves in.

After all the emphasis on how everyone in town is obsessed with Red Dead, I loved that the one audible comment from the crowd was about 'plain rice'.

Finally, I was quite amused by Manbearpig wearing a suit. That is exactly my kind of absurdity. The scene itself was a great representation of how no one wants to make any real sacrifices to curtail anthropogenic climate change. But it was Manbearpig's suit and Grandpa Marsh's I told you so's that made it funny.

The guys made the point this week that while they were wrong about Manbearpig, they're still going to make fun of Al Gore.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:34 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Satan really did go down like a bitch. I don't think he got one good punch in. Which was odd considering how long the fight lasted. The typical comedy moment you might have there is to set up what the audience expects to be an epic showdown, then one of the fighters loses almost immediately. And if you're going the dramatic route, you typically have the fight be kinda back and forth for a while before someone gets the upper hand.
That's a very interesting observation in my opinion.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:30 am

It was good but what about Satan in Heaven? Who is in charge in Hell?
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:32 am

Taat's a damn good question! There are three candidates: Chris, Zazul, and Kevin (who looks like Emperor Palpatine).

Last time we saw Saddam, he was captured by the Canadians trying to take over their country again.

JayDrew

Postby JayDrew » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:09 pm

The part with Satan going to Heaven is reminiscent of the end of Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?/Probably...there was the running joke of where Saddam would go when he died...one would wonder the same thing about Satan...at the end of the former two parter Saddam went to heaven...same thing that happened to Satan at the end of this episode...any one think that the show may continue bringing back old favorites and we'll get to see Satan running into Saddam in heaven?
dswynne

Postby dswynne » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:10 am

Still think that "climate change" is a scam used to pump more tax revenue out of the economy, but, hey, there's nothing I can do about it. Cie le vie.

As for this episode: right on point. 8/10 rating.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”