Trey Voicing the Villain in Despicable Me 3!

General Discussion on Matt and Trey's films from Orgazmo to That's Allright Ma Ma!

Moderator: Big-Will

nwt000

Trey Voicing the Villain in Despicable Me 3!

Postby nwt000 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Who saw this coming?
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/13/tr ... -3-villain
I guess being a father kinda compels you to make some family-friendly fare, eh? Nevertheless, this all sounds pretty cool and I can't wait to see what he can bring to the table!
zzyzx 2

Re: Trey Voicing the Villain in Despicable Me 3!

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:11 pm

The link in nwt000's post wrote:Although Parker has been voicing popular characters for going on 20 years now, his role in Despicable Me 3 is something of a coup for Illumination. Said Meledandri, “This is the very first time he had ever been directed by anyone else but himself.”

That's a good point. The first time Trey has ever been directed by someone else re: voice-over acting for an animated show. I'm looking forward to see how Despicable Me 3 comes out!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Here is a link that has a pic of the character Trey will voice for: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Despicab ... 24687.html

Yeah I think that it is great that Trey is doing this. His daughter will love this I'm sure. 8)
What seems to be the officer problem?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:18 pm

I am kind of weird but I feel there is something to the idea that Balthazar Bratt looks kind of like Prince when he performed at a Super Bowl. I wonder if others feel the same way and if the Bratt character should be recreated to look different? I really am not that offended yet I keep seeing this picture of Prince and he looks dressed and posed just like Bratt or is it the other way.

What do others think?

Should the Bratt character be changed or not?
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:46 pm

The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:29 pm

I haven't watched a Despicable Me since the first one, so is Gru a spy now and he is married now? I feel the birthday suit joke is scary, as for a spy, it is the death tarot card. I can't tell at all Trey is voicing Brat.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Yes, he is a spy now. Once he adopted the girls he got out of the villain racket and concentrated on selling jams and jellies, but he didn't give up any equipment he had used as a supervillain. Then he met Lucy Wilde, who recruited him to work for the Anti-Villain League, and he fell in love with her. He joined the League, the girls met Lucy, and Gru married Lucy.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:41 am

It's hard to believe after twenty years of voicing major and incidental characters on SP that Trey still had something unused up his sleeve - maybe it has to do with the directing or just the different nature of the production. Besides the 'Shamonah!' Michael Jackson sound, wouldn't have recognized him.
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox | My SP Forum
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Tweek, Kevin Stoley, Mephesto, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)

Return to “Films”